There are so many channels that customers can use to contact company and the thing is that each one of them comes with its benefits and drawbacks too. For instance a phone call can take up most of your time as you try to navigate and waiting on hold and not every representative will understand what you are saying. Email, on the other hand can take days before you get any response and when you finally do, you might not get the help you expected.
Live support is the latest innovation and it comes with enormous potential that improves the service quality that you get. Online chat sessions are easy, especially considering that many people work behind computers, hence they can get the support they need and continue with other tasks at hand. But apart from this, there are so many other reasons why live chat customer support makes a wonderful channel.
1. It is easy to keep reference. This is because you can copy, paste and then save your session with a customer representative for later use when need be. This makes it possible for you to make offers extended to you materialize and makes it even easier for you to track an issue that did not get resolved as expected.
2. Live chat offers clearer communication. The fact that you speak the same language does not always amount to accurate communication. Accents can easily interfere with how clear a talk is but with live chat support, this is nothing to get you worried. It eliminates that vocal quality and accents concerns. In case there are long tracking numbers, order number or confirmation codes, you also do not have to worry about getting them right because the room for error is minimized when they are typed out. It really is something that also saves time.
3. You can represent someone else easily. When you have a better understanding of language and the issues at hand than the person experiencing them, then you make a better chatter than they do. Live chat does not involve any voices and thus it is very easy to pass as your husband or even mother to get the matter at hand resolved on their behalf. The best part is that you can do this without feeling like you are cheating the system or lying.
4. It reduces repetition that can be annoying. Nothing can be more annoying to a customer than having to reenter and repeat names, social security numbers, account numbers and even the issue with different phone representatives as the matter gets pushed from one agent to another. Chat sessions are simpler because the text versions of the conversation are sharable and can be filed. The next agent or representative can therefore go through the conversation before taking over.
5. It helps maintain privacy. Unlike phone calls that see your personal details spilled out to people around you such as co-workers, no one has to know what you are doing when on an online chat. Keystrokes are all they get to hear.